OPM are now recruiting to add new talent to our Finance Team following expansion, we are seeking a motivated individual to join the team as a Junior Credit Control Assistant in a permanent position. You will be instrumental in furthering our reputation for great print and customer service and be part of successful BRC / ISO pharma accredited business who believe in quality, innovation and most of all its people!
What to expect from this opportunity:
A great opportunity for a highly motivated, enthusiastic individual with a desire to train as Credit Controller with a view to stepping into this role in a senior role as the next level and help continue to build our long term success.
What we are looking for: Commitment, Reliability, flexibility and a can-do attitude.
If you have previous Credit Control or accounting experience then great but this is not needed for the role as you will be fully trained. If you are hardworking, able to take pressure and keen to learn and are looking to start a new career in Finance then this could be the role for you.
You need to be confident, organised and have good business judgement to work in credit control. You will also need to have enough confidence to deal with uncomfortable situations that may arise occasionally when managing credit related concerns.
We would expect the ideal candidate to be proficient in using the following:
Confidence in using Microsoft Office Suite, in particular MS Excel spreadsheets and other computer systems and programs.
Experience of Sage line 50 would be an advantage.
Job duties and responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility for the administration and management of customer accounts and the monitoring and collection of any monies owed, in accordance with Company policies, in order to maximise cash flow and minimise bad debt.
- Monitoring and ensuring customers are operating within the agreed payment terms.
- Deal with internal and external queries about payments, ensuring customers pay on time and negotiating payment plans in a professional manner and on a timely basis.
- Provide customers with copy documents as required to facilitate the timely payment of accounts.
- Assist in filing customer credit notes and customer proof of deliveries.
- Meet targets as set by Finance Director.
- Maintain accurate records.
- Identify changes in payment patterns and propose actions.
- Undertake account reconciliations as required.
- Send out monthly invoices and statements.
- Liaising with Sales, Customer Services and Operations departments
- Any other duties as may be determined by the Finance Director
- Must have a positive attitude to achieving deadlines, under pressure, within demanding time frames.
- Good problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbally.
What is the Offer?
Salary £17k (as a trainee)
23 Days Holidays plus Bank Holidays
Excellent working environment
Working hours: Mon to Friday 08.00 – 17.00 with 1-hour lunch
The role comes with excellent career prospects within a solid company framework.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a company that is experiencing year on year growth at a fast rate.
We look forward to hearing from you. Please send your CV and contact details to: email@example.com